While Starved Rock Yacht Club is a private, members-only organization, we’ve grown over the years by welcoming new members and working hard to keep membership affordable. If you haven’t had a chance to stop by, please visit by car or boat during one of our Club events to check out the harbor, clubhouse, and meet the fine folks enjoying their weekends at SRYC. Read more on our “About” page.
Below is a snapshot of membership requirements:
- Sole owner of a boat, at least 14ft in length
- One time non-refundable membership fee: $2000. Method of payment to be determined by SRYC Board.
- Annual Dues: $250
- $100/year for entertainment tickets (roughly 8 tickets for SRYC parties …i.e.,for use at steak fry, pork chop dinner, labor day weekend bash, etc.)
- 20 hours total work hours per year (10 before June, 10 before year end)
- Harbor Fees for trailer boaters are: $50 annual ramp fee or $5 each time. If you keep your boat in overnight there is a dock fee of $5/night for weekend dockage or free if it’s a party weekend. If you opt for a dock the annual dock fees are $400, $700, and $900 yearly for a 20, 30, or 40ft slip respectively. A one-time refundable dock deposit is the same amount as the annual dock fee. Seasonal fees for on-site trailer boat storage: 0-13 feet in Length = $150.00, 14-21 feet in Length = $200.00, 22-45 feet in Length = $250.00
- Sponsored by 2 active members
We are a “working club” and pride ourselves in the betterment of our harbor, clubhouse, and grounds. We differ from traditional marinas as we require work hours in lieu of paying high annual dues and dock fees, etc.
If you have questions, please call us or contact our Membership Chair, Ernie Mitchell, and he’ll be able to answer any questions you may have. Email Ernie or call him at 815-252-0788.